Report an Incident

If you see any unusual signs of disease or deaths in wildlife you can report it to:

Please complete the Wildlife Incident Submission Form and provide to your WHA coordinator to help them determine the level of response.

The care of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife must be referred to an authorised wildlife rehabilitation organisation or veterinarian. See Links to 'injured wildlife' under contact details for your local State/Territory Environment Representative 


The Emergency Animal Disease Watch Hotline is a toll-free telephone number that connects callers to the relevant state or territory officer to report concerns about any potential emergency disease situation. Anyone suspecting an emergency disease outbreak should use this number to get immediate advice and assistance.

*Wildlife disease investigations by veterinary practitioners may be eligible for funding support though the National Significant Disease Investigation Program (NSDI) .

Disease Incident Reports

Information is available on a number of current wildlife health incidents in Australia, as well as selected long-term health investigations and historic wildlife health incidents. Detailed information is available in the national electronic Wildlife Health Information System (eWHIS).